
The other night I went with my friends Katie and Ana Bell and Jesse to the Crary Lab touch tank. There are various tanks in the Crary aquarium on the video but there is only one that you are allowed to stick your hands in and touch the creatures. I was pretty excited to see all the crazy sea creatures but I wasn't all that excited about picking them up, I kind of felt bad for them. I could just picture being them and being poked at and plucked from the water by various people and played with outside of their natural habitat...that would suck. So I was content just to touch them and watch them swim around.

There was a pretty cool orange sea spider (or a Ammothea clausi), a crinoid that was all feathery and could swim really fast, some anenomes and some starfish of various sizes.
My Favorite was the sea slug (Notaeolidia gigas), he was so cute he looked like a spikey little pokemon or something. They are found at 3-50 meters and only get about 7 cm long, the perfect size to put in my pocket...just kidding. But he'she did look like an awesome pet, very low maintenance.

2 comments:
Now I want one of those for a pet. Sparky and Bart and everyone would be jealous. I'll trade you a Northwest slug for one of those? You look great, Erin (Lucy), and sounds like you are in a good space. I love your descriptions of your friends and coworkers. Glad your shoulder is better. Tell Adam to update his blog!
take care,
Shannon
Cute video!! He used to be really good at it, huh? That's so sad! Who knew the creatures in the Anti-Arctic were so cute and Poke-like. :)
Post a Comment