

Well I'm here, I finally made it. The military flight rocked, there was tons of leg room and they gave you all your food and drink in a sack lunch at the beginning so there was no waiting around for flight attendants and since all of us Raytheon folk have undergone background checks and such there were no pesky liquid restrictions on the flight. Woohoo for being able to pack toothpast! Our flight left around 6am so we got here to Antarctica around noon. I will tell ya, it didn't dissapoint, I stepped off the plane and saw one of, if not the most, amazing sight I have ever seen. It is the coldest, highest, driest, emptiest place on earth, and it is freaking beautiful. It is flat and white and all kinds of awe inspiring. The cold clean air kind of takes you over the second you step off the plane. We boarded a Terrabus and road to Mactown (McMurdo Station), unfortunately we couldn't really see out the windows, they were pretty iced over and I haven't seen much of the town since I was assigned dorm in the building where everything (galley, library, store, gym, my work, etc.) is. Then again I have only been here for 7 hours so I am impressed that i have even found my dorm and dinner. I live in a four person dorm butI only have one roomate but that will change during the mainbody season, which is two months away. This is just amazing, this place blows my mind. I am really happy that I made the leap and chose to come here! I still miss you guys at home though, I love you all and look forward to hearing news from the states!

4 comments:
Hooray! You made it!! I was so excited to see you had pictures up today! You are such a brave little penguin and I love you!
Al
your pictures are amazing!!! you look so happy...well happy and tired!
i agree with al, you are the bravest of the little penguins....and toasters.
love you!
-Lindsey
Hey! I'm so happy you have arrived safely and soundly. I love all the pictures you're posting here and on myspace. I had the most intense dream last night I was visiting you... and there were poles at the place that was actually the south pole... several poles. hahah I met all your roommates, too! It was like summercamp in the snow. I miss and love you!!! xoxo
Miss you miss you miss you, tell keep up the info, and email me cuz I'm bored here without you guys :(
Post a Comment