Tuesday, August 08, 2006
One Week to Go!
Well I have about a week to go, this is the final countdown…which really just makes me think of the song by Europe…damn you Arrested Development! I’ve slowly been packing up all my stuff and planning out my remaining days on Monkey Island and things have been getting pretty hectic. Yesterday I encountered quite the bad omen, it does not bode well for the amount of paper work I will have to do on this trip. I had to go to the clinic to get my 2nd Hep B inoculation, except they hadn’t called me to confirm as they usually do so I called first thing in the morning to confirm on my own and they said “your appointment was the 1st and you missed it.” And I said “No, I have the appointment card here in my hand and it says the 7th and furthermore, even if you guys thought it was the first you didn’t call to confirm that date either.” To make a long story short I finally get in to do my vaccination and the receptionist tells me to “hold on” as she takes a personal call on her cell phone and proceeds to be rude to me until I encounter the inoculation nurse who starts off by saying “uhm, let’s see…what were we supposed to give you again?” and then tries to sell me on like 5 more vaccinations before I say “Just give me the shot and let me get out of here!”. Bah, not cool! Then I found out from Raytheon that my expense paperwork didn’t get received or something and so I have to do all this extra crap when I get to Colorado to get reimbursed for my gazillion medical tests (my poor credit card bill). Am I radiating stress yet? Luckily the packing has actually been pretty meditative, and a lot of my remaining nights are booked up with fun stuff to do before I leave. I will get my shipping info on here soon so people can send me much needed care packages if they wish or letters and whatnot. I am not big on goodbyes, especially drawn out ones; they seem pointless and make me uncomfortable so if I am quick with my farewells I hope none of you are offended, it doesn’t mean I love you guys any less.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so happy for you Erin! I can't wait to see pictures!! I hope you have an amazing adventure! I'm so glad we will be able to read your updates on here and see how you are doing!
Love,
Al
Post a Comment